This position is based in downtown Portland, Maine.
Our team is seeking an Inside Sales Associate to handle a wide variety of inside sales and marketing support activities. This position will report to our Director of Business Development, and work closely with the Sales and Marketing team.
VETRO FiberMap is a fiber management and GIS mapping platform transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
Our ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of direct sales, sales support, or customer service experience, and is interested in using their strong technical software and writing skills to support sales activities. Ingenuity, enthusiasm, strategic thinking, an eye for detail, quick learning, prioritization and self-organization are important to this role.
- Develop an expert understanding of the VETRO FiberMap platform through interaction with internal teams
- Qualify leads by probing to understand their business challenges, and conducting value-based conversations to uncover answers to key questions surrounding needs, metrics of success, budget, etc. Also serve as the initial point of contact for inbound leads through timely and situation-appropriate follow up
- Educate potential customers about the VETRO FiberMap platform, and clearly communicate the product value to their organization
- Document all leads and inquiries in our CRM, including batch contact imports from conferences and paid mailing lists. Maintain a high-quality CRM database through research, curation, and data entry
- Support sales team efforts during trade shows and client visits as needed, including delivering technical pre-sales product demonstrations
- Generate templated proposals and other business development materials
- Schedule targeted, in-person demonstrations and prospective client visits in select cities or markets in consultation with ownership
In addition, the candidate will ideally assist with the following marketing tasks:
- Funnel Building Research: Scan social media outlets (newsletters, alerts, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) for relevant content
- Direct Mail campaigns
- Update CRM records for email, phone, and address where missing or bounced from email campaigns (ongoing)
- Work with marketing team to author and co-create marketing content/copy as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support platforms, i.e. ZenDesk
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software context
This position is based at the VETRO FiberMap headquarters in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here.
This is a full time, salaried position. Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package. Please include a professional resume and cover letter with your application.