VETRO FiberMap is looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to add their experience to a young, growing team producing an industry-leading, cloud-based geospatial mapping platform.
The platform is VETRO FiberMap, a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process—the developers, the UX/UI designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product experience.
- You believe that proper UX/UI design and implementation will define a product
- You thrive in a collaborative environment that crosses several disciplines including GIS, engineering, and marketing
- You want to be part of a startup environment
- You enjoy working on products that provide a social benefit
- Collaborate closely with product managers and developers to develop UI designs for an engineering-based web mapping platform
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas to the product development team
- Construct mockups that developers will use to guide their programming tasks
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Ability to work in an agile work environment and perform rapid prototyping
- Experience building mockups using prototyping software (Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture (HTML / JS / CSS)
- Strong presentation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
The VETRO FiberMap office is located in Monument Square in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here.
Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package.