This position is based in downtown Portland, Maine.
VETRO FiberMap is seeking our next GIS Software Support Engineer. VETRO FiberMap designs and builds a cloud-based GIS mapping platform that is transforming the way fiber broadband operators around the world design and manage their networks.
The GIS Software Support Engineer is a role focused on supporting our customer base. This role reports to our Director of Customer Success, and will interface with the entire VETRO FiberMap team. You will field technical support tickets and see them through to resolution with the internal team and the external customer. Incoming issues and requests often relate to spatial data in addition to specific network connectivity and platform features. Therefore GIS fluency blended with a customer support mindset is the ideal combination for this job.
- Field incoming support emails and phone calls
- Learn the product in enough detail to break down incoming issue tickets and problem solve for and with clients independently
- Conduct pre-sales product demos, onboarding trainings, and follow on technical coaching
- Help curate and build customer training and support library and materials
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support Desk platforms
- Experience in the broadband industry
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software environment
- Experience with software design and testing, preferably map-based (GIS) software
This job is…
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Details + Benefits:
- Salary: $35,000 to $50,000, based on experience
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Portland, Maine
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
The VETRO FiberMap office is located in Monument Square in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here.
Please include a professional resume and cover letter with your application.