VETRO FiberMap is looking for an Automated QA Software Engineer to add their experience to a young, growing team working on a geospatial mapping SaaS platform.
The platform is VETRO FiberMap, a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over fifteen other countries.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process—the developers, the UX designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product.
- Participate in the design and development for test automation and support
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Identify and report bugs to the development team
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Previous experience in software development, quality assurance, or other related fields
- Knowledge of Python, Node.js, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development processes
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related subject
- Experience working with web browser automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience scaling applications within AWS
- Experience in a growing SaaS startup environment and a passion for getting the job done
The VETRO FiberMap office is located in Monument Square in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here.
Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package. Equity options possible.