This position is based in downtown Portland, Maine.
VETRO FiberMap is an innovative, cloud-based GIS platform purpose-built for fiber optic mapping and management. The VETRO FiberMap SaaS platform is developed to meet the needs of ISPs, WISPs, municipalities, and engineering companies designing, and building next-generation broadband infrastructure. One of the top names in GIS-based fiber network management, VETRO has customers in 30 states and 15 countries.
Our team is looking for a Sales Professional for Enterprise-Level Accounts. The successful candidate will be someone who has solid long-term relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 telecom firms in North America, can identify qualified leads and the pain points associated with their existing software, and understands how to transition and migrate customer data with minimal downtime. Additionally, a technical understanding of peering agreements and the procurement process for long haul transport/internet transit would be ideal. The candidate must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with technical, financial and executive personnel. Ingenuity, enthusiasm, strategic thinking, an eye for detail, quick learning, prioritization and self-organization are important to this role.
This is an opportunity to help define, expand and accelerate a rapidly growing sales engine and break into upmarket clients.
- Create a sales plan in conjunction with marketing to reach Tier 2 Internet Service Providers actively deploying fiber
- Identify, nurture, and close Tier 2 and 3 ISPs and International prospects
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals – for larger enterprise accounts
- Recommend and attend annual trade shows for Tier 2 ISPs
- Partner with clients to manage VETRO implementations, drive user adoption, and build long-lasting partnerships
- Work with the team to deliver accurate, quality service and training to clients through the implementation process
- Interview stakeholders to document current business process
- Gather information from customers, evaluate their needs and create implementation solutions
- Manage multiple implementations in parallel
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of post-college business experience working within the telecoms industry or corporate telecom departments, with a proven history of executive level account management, project management, SaaS sales and implementations and adhering to excellent service management principles
- Experience in Outside Plant Engineering, Fiber Management, Telecom Billing Systems, CRM, Fixed Line Telecommunications Inventory Management and/or Provisioning, and Enterprise Networking strongly desired
Details + Benefits:
- Opportunity to ride a growth curve with an accelerating mature startup
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Portland, Maine
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
This position is based at the VETRO FiberMap headquarters in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here.
Please include a professional resume and cover letter with your application.