VETRO FiberMap is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our software engineering team.
About VETRO FiberMap
VETRO FiberMap is a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. VETRO FiberMap is being used by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail and support our customers. We are an agile organization where ideas are quickly exchanged and acted on — everyone is involved, software engineers, UX designers, GIS Specialists, and product owners.
What you will work on:
- The design and development of tools that allow engineers, customer service representatives, and sales people to design and sell next-gen broadband networks;
- A GIS-based platform built on open source libraries and tools; and
- Web services that extend the VETRO platform to work with other critical systems.
Why this position may interest you:
- You are excited about working with small teams and early stage companies;
- You want to work on meaningful projects that have significant social impacts; and
- You thrive in collaborative environments.
What you need to bring:
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Enthusiasm to work on new things and a readiness to jump in and contribute;
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to break down complex issues; and
- A degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Geographic Information Science, certification from a reputable coding bootcamp, or 2-3 years of professional experience.
What skills are helpful:
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience using frontend mapping technologies (Leaflet, MapboxGL.js)
- Proficiency working with relational databases
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance