VETRO FiberMap is looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to bring their experience to a young, growing team working on a geospatial mapping SaaS platform.
The platform is VETRO FiberMap, a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process—the developers, the UX/UI designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product experience.
- You believe that proper UX/UI design and implementation will define a product;
- You thrive in a collaborative environment that crosses several disciplines including GIS, engineering, and marketing;
- You have experience working with a product management teams and have contributed to story definition as well as UX/UI design;
- You want to be part of a startup environment; and
- You enjoy working on products that provide a social benefit
What You Will Work On:
- Collaborate closely with product managers and developers to develop UI designs for an engineering-based web mapping platform;
- Envision and create data visualization solutions that give engineers and technicians insight into their data;
- Design wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas to the product development team;
- Construct mockups that developers will use to guide their programming tasks;
- When needed, help the product management team with story definition in preparation for development; and
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Experience designing workflows for large web applications
- Ability to work in an agile work environment and perform rapid prototyping
- Expertise using design software such as Adobe XD or Sketch
- Familiarity with modern web architecture (HTML / JS / CSS)
Skills that are helpful
- Background in cartography or data visualization
- Programming experience
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems