VETRO FiberMap Seeks Experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to Join a Growing Team in Portland, Maine
We’re looking for a passionate senior software engineer to bring their experience to a young, growing team working on a scalable, geospatial mapping SaaS platform that will transform the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks.
The platform is VETRO FiberMap and it is being adopted across the US and internationally by small and mid-sized ISPs and others deploying fiber optic networks. More on the platform can be found at www.vetrofibermap.com.
Our software engineers use a variety of languages, libraries, frameworks, and technologies. They are always working collaboratively, learning along the way, and finding that fine line between cutting edge and proven techniques. We come from a GIS and mapping applications background, and focus our energy on map-based solutions using best fit geospatial libraries to get our work done. We are deeply involved in Open Source geospatial (FOSS4G); technology, community, and philosophy. Don’t worry if you haven’t worked with these kinds of tools before. If you come to us with aptitude, curiosity, and a hunger for learning about map-based applications we will show you the rest.
As a company, we are very customer oriented – it’s part of our DNA and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process – the developers, the UX designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product experience.
What you will do:
- Develop fantastic code that enhances the VETRO FiberMap platform and delivers incredible value to our broadband customers
- Provide regular and consistent mentoring to other developers
- Participation in devops and deployment procedures
- Participate in agile team activities, including: story writing, planning, estimation, daily standups
- Lead team discussions with product owner and technical team to plan solutions to customer problems
What you should bring:
- Demonstrated fluency in Node.js and Python
- Demonstrated fluency in core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and contemporary front end frameworks like AngularJS and Polymer
- Excitement about working with a small, collaborative team on meaningful projects
- Proficiency in a variety of database technologies, ideally including PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Creation and curation of API services
- Knowledge of how to build and support scalable web applications
A big plus:
- Experience with open source and/or commercial geospatial toolkits like OpenLayers, Leaflet, Turf, MapboxGL, PostGIS, ArcGIS, and Google Maps.
- Experience with D3 and data visualization
- Experience with mobile apps (iOS, Android or React Native).
- Experience scaling applications within AWS.
- Experience in a growing SaaS startup environment with an all hands on deck attitude and a passion for getting the job done
The VETRO FiberMap office is in downtown Portland, Maine in Monument square. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout. There is a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meetups and the startup community, social activities & events, and more…we encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here: http://www.liveandworkinmaine.com/
Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package. Equity options possible.